International General Assembly (IGA) Intern
Title: International General Assembly (IGA) Intern
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Contract: full-time 100%
Starting date: 5 March 2018
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
I- POSITION BACKGROUND
The International Associative Coordination team is part of the MSF International Office (IO) and carries out the work on associative matters at a movement-wide level. As such, it interacts with the main governance bodies of the movement, implementing decisions guided by the International Board (IB) and working at the service of the International General Assembly (IGA) and the MSF movement.
The team fosters connections and collaboration among the different MSF associations and individual members of MSF. Its purpose is to promote the associative spirit within MSF and support an active associative life, providing institutional memory and supporting the work of Association Officers and associative members anywhere in the movement. The team is notably in charge of organising the annual International General Assembly (highest governance body within MSF).
II- PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The IGA Intern reports directly to the International Association Coordinator and functionally to the Assistant to the International Board (IB).
III- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The objective of this position is to support the logistic and administrative aspects of the preparation and implementation of the 2018 IGA. The IGA Intern will be working closely with the International Association Coordination team and the MSF Spain Associative team to plan and facilitate the three-day event.
IV- MAIN TASKS
- Administrative preparation prior to the IGA
- Actively participate in IGA planning meetings.
- Lease with MSF Spain on a regular basis to ensure all logistical aspects are coordinated.
- Track travel and lodging for IGA participants. Organise travel and lodging for panellists and presenters.
- Manage IGA registration.
- Manage the motions register on the International Association Website.
- Support the Assistant to the IB in
- Preparing the debates and working sessions at the IGA.
- Supporting multiple platforms (including the IB, IB Standing-Committees, Governance Working Group, etc.) in the lead-up to the IGA.
- Gathering and tracking all expenditures.
- Preparation of surveys, evaluations, orientation materials, background documents, and other session materials in collaboration with other members of the International Associative Team.
- During the IGA
- Attend the IGA in Barcelona (28-30 June 2018) and support the Assistant to the International Board, International Association Project Manager, and the International Association Coordinator with any administrative and logistical support as required.
- After the IGA
- Create participant survey report.
- Ensure the online Motions Register is updated.
- Assist the Assistant to the IB in following up with final invoices.
- Perform other tasks supporting the International Associative Team as the need arises
- Able to provide an internship convention (please see below)
- Genuine interest in and commitment to MSF’s humanitarian principles.
- Strong and proven organisational skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Flexible and adaptable with changing priorities.
- Shows initiative and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills in English (Spanish or French is an asset).
- Communicates pending issues with the Assistant to the International Board in a timely manner.
- Experience in event management is an asset.
- Willing to be flexible with working hours prior to and during the IGA.
- Able to travel to Barcelona between 26 June – 01 July 2018.
In order to qualify for an internship position, the applicants should be prepared to provide documentary evidence that they are in one of the following situations:
- Currently enrolled in a certifying training;
- Between certifying trainings (eg. Bachelor and Master) with the condition that the utility of the internship is certified by the training institution organizing the second training.
- Under a federal program of insertion.
A trilateral internship convention is compulsory.
Please also see https://www.ge.ch/engager-personne-stage
Deadline for application: 22 February 2018
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “IGA Intern” in the title.
Please submit only one file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.